O’Donnell – Super Sport .21 Engine.
Designed in the USA by master engine tuner Steve O’Donnell, the Super Sport .21 is the pinnacle of 1/8 scale nitro racing! It’s a shining example of the “clean sheet” concept – a fresh look at engine construction and components, with nothing borrowed from existing technology. Only state-of-the-art machining and materials have gone into producing the Super Sport .21. The engine features the original O’Donnell-designed “big head” machined aluminum heatsink head, dropped down low for a better CG. It’s the engine that top-level racers will be asking for!
• The crankcase, cylinder sleeve and piston materials are optimized for uniform expansion to improve durability and reliability
• 4-port ABC cylinder
• Balanced Max-Flo™ crankshaft with Class 5 precision bearings
• Machined 7075-T6 aluminum con rod with double bushings
• Unique, compact 40spring header attachment design
• Includes a high-performance O’Donnell #99 glow plug
The carburetor on the Super Sport .21 has all of these advantages:
• Aluminum body
• Thermal insulating sleeve that prevents vapor lock
• Low- and high-speed needles with double O-rings on both
• Hard anodized slide barrel
• 7 mm and 8 mm restrictors included
• Practical rpm range: 3,000-42,000 • Output: 2.7 hp @ 36,000 rpm